We all have things about our skin we wish we could change. Maybe your nose tends to break out or your skin is oily. Or, maybe your complexion and skin tone are uneven or you’re dealing with hyperpigmentation. No matter what skin issues you’re facing, the hydrafacial is the best way to help your skin be its healthiest. And you can indulge in all the best skincare at Allure Enhancement Center, in Lafayette, LA. What is this process and the steps of hydrafacial treatment? Let’s find out.
What is a Hydrafacial?
This treatment is made possible by a machine that connects to a wand that our esthetician glides over your face to complete different phases of the process. The medical-grade, hydra-dermabrasion device cleanses, exfoliates, and infuses the skin with intensive serums.
So what do the steps of the process look like?
Steps of Hydrafacial Treatment
Step One: Vortex Exfoliation
The first part of the process is exfoliation. Our skin cells are always dying and replenishing. Eventually they shed on their own, but exfoliation helps the process along so your skin feels fresh and revitalized. It also helps to brighten up your complexion. This is because dead cells don’t reflect light well, so your skin can end up looking dull. Once all the dead cells are sloughed off, though, the healthy cells help your skin look bright and clean.
The esthetician will use a deplaning tool to sweep the dead skin cells and debris away. This also helps to open up your pores, which leads to increased skin hydration.
Step Two: Acid Peel
The words “acid peel” might leave you feeling a little worried. In past decades, acid peels were painful and left the skin stinging or burning. Not this acid peel. It’s a non-irritant mix of glycolic and salicylic acid. The peel hydrates the skin with a nutrient-rich solution that also deeply penetrates the pores. The solution gets in and loosens debris from deep inside your pores to allow it to be removed later on. The solution also leaves the skin feeling soft and refreshed.
Step Three: Vortex Extraction
Just like the acid peel, you may have had negative experiences with extraction. In a more traditional facial, the esthetician would pinch and push to force debris up out of the pores. But this kind of extraction isn’t the same thing, and it doesn’t cause any pain.
That’s because the wand the esthetician uses acts as a vacuum and literally sucks all the gunk out of your clogged pores. Because the acid peel helped to loosen all the debris inside your pores, this is easier than it sounds. The esthetician can choose from a couple of different strengths of suction to find the one that is best for your pores.
Step Four: Serum Application
The last step of the process is vortex fusion because it ties the whole treatment together. The wand applies collagen and an antioxidant serum into the skin that promotes hydration and elasticity. This serum helps to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin tones, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and oiliness.
Before a Hydrafacial
Investing in your skin is a big decision, and you want to make sure you get the most of it by preparing in the best way. You’ll also want to get the best out of your treatment by following the post-treatment instructions carefully.
- Stop using any Isotretinoin products, like Accutane, for six months before treatment unless you’ve been given clearance by a clinician.
- Discontinue the use of generic tretinoin or topical Retin-A for at least 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Don’t use any exfoliating treatments, like glycolic acid or enzymes, on the area that is going to be treated for at least 48 hours before your treatment.
- Stop using any medium or deep chemical peels or chemical resurfacing treatments and laser treatments for at least two weeks before you have this facial treatment.
- Do not wax or use depilatories for at least 48 hours before your treatment.
- Stop using any over-the-counter acne medications, like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, for at least 48 hours before you have your facial.
- Avoid any excessive sun exposure and do not use any tanning beds for at least 72 hours before treatment.
- Do not have any Botox treatments for at least two weeks before treatment. You can have Botox done on the same day as your facial, but it must happen after the facial.
- Do not shave your face on the same day as the facial treatment.
- Avoid extra sun exposure and don’t use any tanning beds for at least 72 hours after the treatment.
- The morning after the treatment, only wash your face with PCA Facial Wash or Hydropeptide Exfoliating Cleanser. This is because some over-the-counter facial washes can damage your skin after this treatment.
- For thirty days after your treatment, apply PCA Hylauronic Boosting Serum every day in the morning and at night.
- Apply the Hydropeptide SPF 30 sunscreen daily for at least three to five days after treatment.
- Don’t use topical Retin-A or generic tretinoin for at least 48 hours after treatment.
- Do not wax or use depilatories for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Don’t use any medium or deep chemical peels or laser treatments for at least two weeks after your facial treatment.
- Don’t use any exfoliating treatments, like glycolic acid or enzymes, for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Don’t use over-the-counter acne medications, like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, for at least 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid intense heat for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Wait until the day after your treatment to apply makeup.
Why Is This Treatment So Popular?
The hydrafacial is quickly becoming one of the most popular skin treatments on earth. It’s become so popular that somewhere in the world, one is performed every 15 seconds. What makes this treatment so popular?
It’s Perfect for All Ages, Complexions, and Skin Problems
This facial treatment is a great way to help your skin get healthier, no matter who you are. This treatment is rare in that it helps every skin type and every skin problem. It gets rid of blackheads and whiteheads, and it reduces acne and keeps new acne from forming. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and it helps to hydrate skin. It evens out skin tone and helps to reduce hyperpigmentation as well as hypopigmentation. It reduces sun damage and brown spots. It tightens enlarged pores and cleans out congested pores, and it helps oily skin return to normal levels.
It’s a great treatment choice for adolescents going through major hormonal shifts that affect their skin, and it’s just as good for the middle-aged looking to reduce fine lines and revitalize their skin. No matter who you are or what skin problems you are facing, this treatment will help your skin be healthier.
The Results Are Extremely Consistent
The results of most skincare treatments depend largely upon the skills of the esthetician. They need to be skilled with their hands to effectively complete manual extractions. This treatment, however, is different. That’s because the machine does most of the work. The esthetician operates the machine and moves the wand over your face, but the machine really powers the treatments.
Just as the results are super consistent, the experience is too. You can trust that you can get this treatment again and again, by different technicians, and it will be just as easy and painless every time.
There Aren’t Any Side Effects
Most facial treatments, especially ones that include extractions, have side effects. Maybe you’ve gotten a facial before an event, and you’ve skipped the extractions out of fear that you’ll experience redness and pain. That won’t be a worry with this treatment. Rather, the treatment is relaxing and feels like a light massage. This treatment gives you better results than other facial treatments, and with none of the pain and inflammation. It’s a pretty easy choice.
You Get Instant Gratification
Most treatments take time for the results to become visible. You may have to have several treatments before you can really see a difference, or maybe the side effects of the treatment need time to die down so you can really see how much healthier your skin is.
But with this treatment? The results are instantly visible. Your skin will be looking brighter, healthier, and more moisturized immediately after the treatment, and the treatment itself only takes 30 minutes! This makes this facial treatment the perfect choice as a way to freshen up before an event like a wedding or a prom. After a quick treatment, you’ll be ready to get glammed up and look your most breathtaking.
It’s Infinitely Customizable
The hydrafacial can be customized to give you the exact results you’re looking for. There are many boosters available that can really address your priorities. You can have boosters added to brighten your complexion a bit extra, or you can choose a booster that will infuse your skin with growth factors to help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
When going through the acid peel step of the treatment process, your technician can choose from three different strengths of glycolic-salicylic acid peels based on your skin type, your desired outcome, and your past experience with peels. The esthetician can even customize the suction power, toning it down a bit for the delicate areas of your face, like under the eyes to help boost circulation and reduce dark circles. You can even have the esthetician do a light vacuuming of your lips to help get dead flakes off and plump them up!
It Works Well With Other Treatments
If you go to the dermatologist for multiple treatments, you probably would prefer to get them all done at once. It can be hard to carve time out of your day to go to the esthetician’s office, and it’s that much harder to find the time to stop in multiple times. But you can easily fit in other treatments after your hydrafacial, like topping off your Botox or getting other injectables. You can also get ablative light and laser treatments afterward.
Get a Facial for Yourself
Investing in your skin is always a great choice, and choosing a hydrafacial is the best way to treat yourself, and your skin, to the luxurious treatment you deserve. Not only is it fast, painless, and comes with no side effects, but it’s also the most effective way to exfoliate, extract, and cleanse your skin. Not only that, but it only takes half an hour, and there’s no down-time!
To learn more about this treatment, or schedule a consultation, contact us at Allure Enhancement Center in Lafayette, LA today.